Cadman Construction Ltd are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor
We hereby provide an exciting opportunity for an experienced and well-motivated Project Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team on a full-time basis. Our well established and highly effective Construction business plans to continue its drive for progressive growth and we seek to secure the right individual to enhance and make a difference to our business.
Prospective applicants must have varied Quantity Surveying experience underpinned by a strong contracting background and shall be required to be fully self-sufficient in the undertaking of all aspects of Quantity Surveying and Cost Management tasks from inception through to hand-over of multiple projects at any one time across a variety of building sectors and project values.
S𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀/𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗯𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗪𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗟𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗼𝗿:
• Applicants shall need to be committed to a Full-Time role working 42.5 hours per week minimum (Mon-Fri inclusive)
• Candidates with a proven track record in Quantity Surveying, minimum 5 years post qualification experience and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar Senior Project QS Role.
• A good Understanding of the JCT Design & Build Contract is sought after (amongst an equally developed understanding of all other JCT forms of Contract)
• Ability to maintain good and effective working relationships with existing and prospective Cadman clients.
• Relevant experience working in Education, Leisure, Industrial and Retail Sectors (Preferred but not essential)
• Applicants that are well-motivated to achieve effective results, must possess an attention to detail, a good technical understanding of New Build and Refurbishment projects, a diligent and methodical approach to all QS functions, good people skills and a “can-do” attitude.
• Applicants must hold a full and valid UK Driving Licence.
𝗞𝗲𝘆 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 (𝗜𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗧𝗼)
• Subcontract Procurement and Sub-Contract Management
• Distribution and Validation of Subcontractor Pre-Qualification Questionnaires.
• Preparation and Issue of Detailed Sub-Contract Enquiries
• Comparison and Evaluation of Subcontract Quotations.
• Negotiation of Subcontract Values and Terms Prior to Order Placement.
• Organisation of Pre-Order Meetings.
• Administration of Subcontract Order Documentation and Collateral Warranties Etc
• Day-to Day Management of Subcontract Work Package (e.g. Scope Changes/Variations to Sub-Contract Work Packages & RFI’s)
• Completion of Interim Subcontract Valuations Including Re-Measurement and Assessment of Works Completed.
• Administration of Subcontract Payment Assessments, Payment Notices & Payment Authorisations.
• Subcontractor Final Account Assessments including Re-Measurement.
• Administration of Final Account Agreements and Payment Authorisation.
• Analysis of Tender Allowances and Management of Work Package Allowances.
• Preparation and Maintenance of Cash-Flow Forecasts.
• Formulation and Submission of Interim Applications/Valuations to Employers Agent(s)/Cost Manager(s).
• Measurement, Valuation & Preparation of Variation Costs For Approval.
• Assessment and Cost Reporting of Value Engineering Proposals For Approval.
• Monthly Cost Reporting to Employers Agent(s)/Cost Manager(s)
• Attendance and Input to Monthly Progress Meetings
• Preparation and Submission of Contractual Notices where obligated by the Building Contract (e.g. Delay Notices and resultant Requests For Extensions of Time etc where appropriate)
• Final Account negotiation and agreement with the Employers representative(s).
• The successful Applicant will be based at our Head Office in Colchester and shall be required to drive to various Project Sites as and when required at regular intervals.
• Preparation of budget forecasts on a project-by-project.
• Regular monitoring and communication of project budgets on a project-by-project basis
• Maintenance of monthly cost accruals for Sub-Contract work packages.
• Internal Reporting on a project-by-project basis when required.
• Review and approval of Material Invoices in conjunction with other members of the respective project teams.
𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗟𝘁𝗱?
We are the highly effective, well established and pro-active commercial building arm of the Cadman Group of Companies. Operating from our Head Office in Colchester, Essex since 1975 we have enjoyed a sustained period of managed growth as a result of our effective working relationships with a variety of commercial and private clients on both tendered and negotiated building projects. We are accordingly now in a position to expand our business further at the start of 2022 by increasing the capability of our surveying team to effectively manage increased demand in the services that we offer.
We accordingly provide an exciting opportunity to the right individual to join our highly proficient surveying team as soon as possible. We offer the opportunity to be involved in diverse building projects of varied scale and complexity and we promote best practice at all times to ensure that our high standards are maintained at all levels of our business whilst also offering a great place to work amongst highly motivated and sociable employees.
The role on offer will come with a Competitive salary (negotiable dependent upon career experience) A Company Vehicle will be provided for business and private use. A contributory pension scheme and optional healthcare scheme is also on offer in connection to this position.
𝐖𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐂.𝐕’𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝/𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨: 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐣@𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩.𝐜𝐨.𝐮𝐤